Alex Bell

Content Marketing Consultant
Hey yall! I help businesses with their blogs, SEO, strategy etc. When I'm not doing that I'm outside :)
Hey yall,

Have a lead on a project - let me know if you're this person or know this person!

"Im looking for someone that can provide great, creative, sales based content. Ie Social ads, and email content for lead nurture. It is very easy to find many, competent writers and proofreaders, that can all do satisfactory corporate work that is also totally boring. Im trying to find someone with a voice for an innovative disruptive university. Think Virgin airlines copy Vs United Airlines copy

if you find such a group of people, I'm interested in how it worked out. Content is one thing I have not yet mastered. I'm very skilled at SEO principles. Off-page, on-page, off-site, technical, e-commerce, but writing SEO-infused content is just hard for me. I can do it if I'm in a pinch. And for some reason every web design project I do for my clients I end up writing over 1/2 the content. You'd think I'd be good at it by now, but I struggle with it every time. I barely have the creativity to write a good meta post, much less an article based around a set of keywords and phrases. It's just a challenge. I'd love to hear your strategies.
Alex Bell replied
  ·  2 replies
I started freelance writing years before the internet went commercial. As I say in my tag lines, geek speak made simple. I started writing for regional business publications explaining new technology in the late 80s early 90s. I discovered the best way to reach people was to cut through the buzz words and just tell a story.

I hear what you are saying, as telling the story is no longer the main goal. I recently wrote an article for someone that they pitched to me.  When I offered a follow up article they said needed to think about it, had to see how it worked out for SEO.

When I first started writing for the online world I would first write the article, and the go back and see what words I was using were not the most likely to be searched on.  Writing for the online world was like learning a new language. 

Excited to meet everyone!

Almost as excited as I am to answer this list of questions!!

What brought you here?
My appreciation for the value of network and community in freelancing (even outside of 2020).

AND My desire to support the one and only Jay Clouse :)

What kind of work do you do?
I'm a content marketing consultant aka I help businesses with their blogs, emails, website designs, analytics, Facebook ads, SEO...

Basically if it has something to do with "digital marketing" I've probably seen and/or done a project on it.

These days I've been more focused on niche website building and the related content creation, SEO, and all the little "oh this needs to get dones" involved in that.

What is the biggest challenge you're facing right now?
At this very moment, I'm starting a few new projects so it's mostly getting all the little details sorted out and organized so I can get back to a regular rhythm with work life.

One of my favorite things on the internet at the moment/still: 

This video is amazing haha welcome man! Can attest, Alex knows his way around all things digital marketing, SEO, and "oh this needs to get done."

He's also a resident Upwork expert.

Thanks for joining the party!
This video is amazing. Awesome to meet you Alex!