Kelsey Renae

Inspirational Writer / Novel Editor / Word Whisperer
Hi! I'm a soon-to-be blogger and wannabe published author. I'm a reader of the classics and modern YA. I love beach walks, dark chocolate and a clear starry sky. I also make one-of-a-kind earrings on Etsy. My motto is "live life loved."

My wins

Well, as us young people say, it's been a hot minute. Haha. I feel like I haven't gotten that much done but I'm planning, organizing and asking questions and seeking help. But, as one of my favorite speakers says, "I'm not where I want to be but thank God I'm not where I used to be. I'm on my way and that's ok!"

And it's true. I discovered that what I had been planning and working on as related blog posts for my eventual blog, is really a 7 week daily devotional.
I have also niched down my theme for my blog, how I read the world and books as a writer with an English major brain. Cuz, if there's one thing I've learned from how to read books and characters as an English major, it's how to apply that to reading the world around me. 

I'm also excited to soon launch my business website in helping edit books of future authors. I'm calling it My Book Buddy. Hey, when you got a rare and cute last name like mine you got to use it. 
I am also still working on writing book 1 of my fantasy series, "Star's Oath." And last weekend I was in a writers' boot camp with an author I know, Elizabeth Bourgeret, from her Facebook group, Writer's Lounge, where we shared our story ideas and wrote out the first chapter of our books! 
The world is a growing and changing place, but we don't have to know everything, just what will help us accomplish our dreams. You got to be your own cheerleader. Here's a tip, I encourage and motivate myself by keeping a journal of what I did for the day to further my dreams. 
Good luck out there, y'all! and have a great weekend. 
Like Comment

My wins

Hi, fellow writers!

I don't know if it's a win yet, but, I found this awesome job that would be perfect for me! I'd get to encourage high school students, which I love to do, in person or on paper! True, it's not freelance work, but I think for now it will give me some stability and a little wiggle room to still be creative. That is, if I get it. I am currently working on my cover letter and resume for this position. I hope and pray I get it.
If not, I got a back up plan and that's a win all on its own.

Most of all, I'm so excited that I broke new ground on writing an awesome beginning for the first book in my fantasy / sci-fi series! I can really see myself finishing the manuscript by the end of this year!

I'm getting lots of new contacts on LinkedIn, which is always good, and having great conversations with authors and fellow writers.

One of my goals is to read a book a week and I just finished my 4th book so I'm right on track. As a reader and a writer, I'm even thinking of blogging about my experience reading recommended books and books I read as a kid and what I think of them now. 

PS. They say it's good for your mental health to reread your favorite childhood books, so, read away!  Because of this, I reread most of the "Little House" books last year which I haven't read in years, and it was so fun and refreshing. 

Have a happy weekend! 

~Kelsey
Like Comment

My wins!

I'm a little late in the game but I give myself grace. 👍
I'm still working hard on creating content for my future blog.
I finished the outline for a book I plan to write this year. This is a story I have been working on for years now and it's nice to have a definite outline!

I've done some prep and am excited to launch myself as a freelance English tutor this year. God only knows if this will work out, but I'm eager to try. 
I'm also determined to set up a website so people can purchase my paintings and I can turn this hobby into a business. (Let me know if you like medium sized landscape paintings and I'd be happy to post some pics of them here and give y'all a discount, if that's ok.) ☺️
I have found that sticking to my goals for this year and for life all depend on my belief in myself. I must be brave enough to step out and risk failure. But then I'll learn and get to move on from there.

So, be brave, fellow writers! Life without risks might be safe but it will be a boring one. A life well lived is one worth telling, full of stories. Even the worst of times can turn into funny stories if we let them. 🙌
And let us take a moment to remember this amazing human with a big heart and even bigger dream.

Like Comment

My wins for the week

Hi, y'all!
Let's see. I have been very busy and dedicated to writing up some blob posts for my future blog I plan to launch in January, so I'm very proud of myself about that. And, I have been planning on what to focus on in my skills and strengths for the new year. Praying next year will be much better than this one, although, I did get a lot of research and art done this year. 👩‍🎨
Like Comment

My wins

Hi, freelance family! My wins for the week are that I am finally writing out some blog posts for my future blog, creating new headway on a strong and clear beginning for the first novel in my sci-fi / fantasy adventure series that I've been working on for a long time, and that I made a valuable connection here for, hopefully, future work. Any progress is good progress in 2020. Stay motivated and believe in yourself 😉
Like Comment

Hi, fellow writers

Let's see.... I was an English major and joined LinkedIn by force in a class project but am now finally actually using it and being more active there. I am also diving deep into the writing and reading realm to learn more and better my skills. I have actually never heard of copywriting or freelance writing or anything of the sort in college so you can imagine my shock when I graduated just 2 years ago and found all of this wonderful and sometimes overwhelming information. I was like, "What? I can do all of this as a writer? Why didn't anyone tell me? or show me?" But they were all about grad school or going into journalism. And I was like, "Not for me! I want to be a great writer and help writers be great, not linger in the shadows and write about other writers and tell others to do the same!" But, you gotta have grace, especially for yourself. That's why I'm here and I'm more ready than ever to learn. And cheers to the holidays! Happy Thanksgiving, y'all. (Yes, I'm form the South!)😆
Like Comment