Leah Sobon

Freelance Content Writer | Creative Writer | Copywriter | Paramedic
Hey All, I love to write! Even better: I love it when people can connect to my writing. When it comes to experience, I have plenty - but like many writers, I am hungry. I love learning about new tips, styles, and trends in the writing world.
Hey Everyone!

This October, I'm launching my first ever LIVE beta writing course, "Write with confidence - Learn how to write great content, every time."

This course is designed for anyone who creates content, whether it be articles, blog posts, website content, or personal projects such as books/essays/etc. I have added some cool bonuses for those who sign up, including my go to list of places to publish your work AND once the course is complete, I will personally go over one piece of your content and provide feedback.Β 

I have been a content creator for almost 20 years and have learned a lot of great ways (and not so great ways) to produce and create excellent content.

This is a FREE course (for now). I'd love for you to have a look and sign up if you think your writing could benefit from a refresher! Check out the link below for more information:

https://leahsobon.com/write-with-confidence-learn-how-to-write-great-content-every-time/

Thanks everyone!

Leah
This is awesome,Β Leah Sobon! I just signed up...didn't get the "welcome" email yet, but it said "message sent" after I hit the "Send" button after filling out the fields. Hopefully it went through! : )Β 
Leah Sobon replied
  ·  1 reply
Yay! Glad my submission came through! You're more than welcome for the support...I really admire all you're doing with your writing and I look forward to learning more from you! : )Β 
Thoughtful turn of phrase at the beginning, Leah. The self-pity train can be so hard to get off of! Loved this line of introspection as to why one should be guilted into trying at all.
Leah Sobon replied
  ·  1 reply
I would love for everyone to read my latest article on, "SharingΒ Tragedy." As a paramedic, personally, our grief doesn't end at our door step. We are often like sponges, unintentionally picking up and sharing what doesn't belong to us. But when it is unavoidable, there are ways to process someone else's grief. Please have a read. If you like it, share it. As a writer, there is nothing more rewarding than seeing someone share your article because it resonated with them. Thank you (graciously).

http://leahsobon.com/2020/08/05/sharing-tragedy/
Leah Sobon many years ago, in another life, I worked in the medical field. You've learned what's important early on. That's healthier for you and those you hold close. For many, it takes years, others prefer to harden their hearts and live in denial because it's easier to do their jobs. Life can change in an instance-- keep loving hard and be kind to yourself.
Leah Sobon replied
  ·  2 replies
Thanks for creating this platform, Jay. I look forward to learning more about all of you!

What brought you here?
Jay posted about a new group and I took the bait ;) I love the concept of creating a space that gives and takes. I am a big believer in the value of sharing knowledge for everyone's benefit.

What kind of work do you do?
I come with a unique background, as writing is not my only job. I work full time as a paramedic in Ontario. I have been in that profession for 11 years. Before I became a paramedic, I studied journalism. Writing has always been a huge part of my life, and it wasn't until very recently that I decided to take 17 years of writing and make it my business. I still work as a medic, but I hope to one day scale that back and replace it with writing.

What is the biggest challenge you're facing right now?
Balance. Learning to balance a successful career in paramedicine with a career in freelance writing is tough. Also tough, swallowing ALL the years of pro bono work (17 of them) and learning to value myself appropriately.

Where can we follow you online? (blog, social, etc...)
I'm on LinkedIn! I also have a website www.leahsobon.com

BONUS: What is one of your favorite things on the internet?

Any funny video clip where someone gets hurt. I can't help myself. I must be broken...

Excited to have you join us Leah!

Do you have a portfolio somewhere you can share?

Leah Sobon replied
  ·  2 replies
Welcome, Leah! What an awesome background and mixed skill set. I’d also love to see any of your work...what’s the hardest part for you when it comes to finding more writing work?
Leah Sobon replied
  ·  4 replies
Ha! You're not broken, you're a paramedic! My dad was an emergency dispatcher when I was growing up. Many of my family members and friends are volunteer firefighters, EMTs, or paramedics. And they all have a twisted sense of humor that I truly appreciate! Given the work you do, I think it's an essential coping mechanism.Β 
Leah Sobon replied
  ·  3 replies